Friday, August 1, 2008

Keeping in Touch, Mark Kanemura, and Burnt Molasses

Today is one of my good friends birthday, so I decided to give her a call before work. I haven't talked to her in awhile and it was really nice to catch up and in our case talk about the most randomness stuff we can think of (ie. Shark Week and Cambodian babies... one of those conversations you really had to be in on to understand). After an hour and 15 minutes of talking, I had to say goodbye, because duty calls and I had to get to work. As I hung up the phone, I smiled and it was so nice to talk to  her... why don't I do this more often??? And not just calling  her, but all my friends that I haven't talked to in awhile. Every time I talk to one of my friends (most of them are spread out through out the Eastern Coast), I feel relaxed, happy, and loved. So, seriously why don't I do it more often, it's not hard to pick up the phone and make a phone call and instead of sitting on my booty and watching another re-run or pointless tv show, why don't I use that time to stay in touch with the people I care about? I always vow I will, but never quite follow through, well today that is going to change! (Really, it is, I swear!) Because life is too short to not keep in touch with the ones you love and the ones that make you smile.


Speaking of television shows that are preventing me keeping in touch with my friends, did anyone watch "So You Think You Can Dance?" last night? (okk, so, this show I consider a must to watch, because I am a professional dancer and I need to stay current with what's going on in the dance world.) I was disappointed that Mark was voted off. He was such an original and unique. I love artists like that, who just express their own artistic voice and don't try to be anyone, but themselves. I like to think that I'm that sort of artist, so I really admire other artists who are like that as well. In any event, if anyone watches the show, I'd like to know what you think. *sigh* I really would have loved to seen what Mark would have done in the finals.... oh well....

One disappointment of my day was, there is this really awesome cookie factory up the street from where I work and they make AMAZING cookies! Well, the left over cookies for the day are sold for a dollar a bag and there are about 16 - 18 cookies in a bag. And I'm talking about the bog cookies, so it is a really good deal, especially for a person like myself who graduated college a little over a year ago and their major was dance and they're trying to make it in this world, but it's a bit hard, especially since it costs someone an arm and a leg just to fill up their gas tank. So, to my excitement they had molasses cookies left when I arrived. This is the holy grail of cookies at this factory, because they rarely put them out and when they do they go faster than Stanley Cup playoff tickets in Western New York when the Sabres are in the playoffs. I was more than elated to receive a bag! I'm at work today and I go to take a bite of one of these magnificent cookies and right after I do, I get this awful, burned taste in my mouth. *BLECK!* As luck would have it, the bottom of the cookies were burnt, no wonder they were still left when I got there. I was just too excited that they were there, that I overlooked the fact that they maybe flawed.... oh well, lesson learned, always check the bottom of cookies before you buy them.

All right, I have a lot of phone calls to make and a lot of catching up to do.


No comments: