Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The Bee-otch Dance Teachers of the East, The Importance of Seven Minutes, and The Answer to that is Three-Fold



So, as I've been informed, by a faithful reader that I need to update my blog more than once a week. Sorry, for the delay faithful reader, I have just been busy with life. In any event, I started teaching my dance classes last night and I was really happy to see my students again. I had really missed them over the summer, the downside was, I think one of the little boogers gave me a cold. My throat started to hurt last night after I finished my last class, but I chalked it up to my voice not being used to yelling for 3 hours. Not bad yelling, just yelling loud enough to be heard, I teach 22 students in my one class and 19 in the other, with the youngest students being 5 years old. Let's just say I have to be louder than all them to teach the class successfully,  so I figured my voice was just sore from that. Well, usually after I teach the soreness in my voice goes away in a couple of hours or at least by the next morning.... nope.... not this time. This time, I kept being woken up in the middle of the night by the soreness in my throat, to top it off, my muscles ache, and my head is congested and foggy. I hate to say it, but I think I caught a cold, now if I can only figure out who the culprit is, so I can thank them. *rolls eyes* The night was pretty successful, minus me catching an illness, oh and me almost making one of my 16 year old students cry. I didn't make her cry, but the tears were welled up in her eyes. When I called Chi Chi last night after teaching, I told her that I almost made a 16 year old cry and she would be proud (since I'm the much nicer one of us, and sometimes viewed as a push-over). She said she was very proud, but she had actually made a 5 year old cry in one of her dance classes for cutting in line. DANG! Actual tears. She wins, but only by a little, because it is much easier to make a 5 year old cry than a 16 year old, and considering her natural personality and mine, she makes people cry a lot more than I do (just ask every guy she has ever dated). But actual tears is the determining factor, so she wins by a hair. Wow! reading this over makes me and Chi Chi sound like major Bee-otches. We aren't, honestly, but this conversation was just a venting process for both of us. I should explain why my 16 year old student was almost in tears. I made my Musical Theatre class perform the routine, but they had to not only dance it, but perform it as well. (I'm talking about High School students here). After the first time they got done, I let the girls who did what I asked sit down, and the girls who didn't had to dance and perform the combination again. I kept doing this until the 16 year old was the only one left. She was half assing the combination and she wouldn't perform it on purpose because she just didn't feel like it. So, I told her that she had to do it by herself until she did it right, she sat down and said nuh uh, she didn't want to. I told her that wasn't an option and to go do it and there was no "Nuh uh-ing" in my class. She wouldn't budge. One of the other students goes what if some of us danced it with her, we'll do that. I said no, this isn't a democracy this is a dictatorship and I'm the dictator, so guess what she's doing it on her own. Her eyes started to well up and one of her friends told her to quit being a baby and just do it. I told her I didn't have anywhere to and I could wait all night until she finally did it. When She finally realized I wasn't going to let her get away with her antics she did it. Sixteen years old and she's giving her teacher an ultimatum! That sure doesn't fly in my class! Sixteen! You're a big girl! You can do it, I'm not going to let you half ass the routine just because you don't feel like doing it, guess what princess? The real world isn't that nice and it definitely doesn't cater to you and what you feel like doing. *sigh* What is with our youth today? When I was 16 and my teacher asked or told me to do something, guess what? I did, without questioning them or putting up a fight and believe it or not I didn't always want to do it either, but I did. I swear today's kids are so self-serving and think that the world only revolves around them. I should also explain why Chi Chi made a 5 year old cry. The girl kept pushing her classmates and cutting to the front of the line, so Chi Chi told her she wasn't allowed to do that and put her in the back of the line. The little girl didn't like that and started to cry. Man, oh, man our society needs to raise nicer kids and make them tougher. They seem to be crying at the drop of a hat.


Changing the subject, enough of my teaching venting woes....


The other night I have a weird habit. When ever I set my alarm for the morning, I always set the second alarm seven minutes later, without fail I do this. If I set my alarm for 8:15am, I set the second alarm for 8:22am, if I set it for 10:05am, I set the second one for 10:12am... so on and so forth. Why seven minutes? Is there any subconscious significance? If I set it for six minutes later, I feel that's too little time in between alarms, but if I set it for eight minutes after I feel that I am letting myself sleep too long after my first alarm... seven just seems like the perfect amount of time.... no rhyme or reason, it just does....


This past week-end was really good and the reason is three-fold....


First... I went to the Roger's Flea Market in Ohio and it was awesome, I got some great old sheet music for a dollar from old musicals such as the "Pajama Game" and I got some CD's and movies. I found one of my favorite movies "Father of the Bride", but not just the first one, the second one as well! Both a dollar a piece, it was fabulous! I love those movies. I always get a tear in my eye when I watch them. There was also the most adorable puppies at the Flea Market this week-end, one was an Alaskan Malamute (like my dog we had when I was a child) and it had one blue eye and one brown, it was so adorable, I wanted to take it home. I asked the 9 year old son of the lady selling them, why they were getting rid of them, he said "Police Order.... well, we're not suppose to have dogs..... well, not this many dogs..... because I have a shitzu at home named 'Peanut'." I love kids' honesty, that's the problem when we become adults, we lose our innocence and honesty, this kid just told it like it was and I love that. I felt bad for the kid, he was so talkative, a lot of the other costumers at the flea market were ignoring him, he just needed someone to listen to him. I felt really bad, he was such a good helper to his mom, who herself didn't really pay attention to him unless she needed him to do something. I didn't mind talking to him, it was actually very fascinating to find out about his shitzu named 'Peanut'.


Second... While I was in Ohio, I found fresh, doughy pizza rolls like I used to buy at our college market! My excited was unbelievable, I was drawn to them like a moth to a flame. I bought a package of a dozen and ate seven for dinner..... they were soooooooooooooooo good! On the same day, I also bought some second hand Fiesta wear right at their factory. I got 4 plates, 4 salad bowls, 2 soup mugs, 3 soup cups, a teapot, a water pitcher, a cookie jar,  and serving tray, all for $45! The best part ones all the items come in solid colors and you can choose your combination of colors. I chose Cobalt, Cinnabar, and Shamrock.... I know, I know, three very funky colors together, but if you know me personally, it's sooooo me! The highlight this day was, when I woke up in the hotel TBS was playing 'Groundhog Day'. I love that movie, I can't say why, but I think Bill Murray's deadpan delivery is great. The movie is so quirky yet well thought out that it makes you think, "What if I did live the same day over, and over, and over again???" Would it be nightmare that you could never die or a gift? Or would it drive you crazy that you know exactly how tomorrow will turn out? I really need to buy this movie, it's one of those you can watch over and over again.


Third.... The Bills won their season/home opener against the Seattle Seahawks!!!! And we didn't just win, we WON! 34-10. Roscoe Parrish's punt return was phenomenal! He was zigging and zagging all over that field. It was a great way for the Bills to start the season and hopefully this will be a sign of what's to come this year....

No comments: