Friday, November 7, 2008

Rekindling the Flame, We're All in This Together, and Brutal Practice Makes Perfect

I've rekindled the flame of an old mini-crush! Ben Affleck! I watched Daredevil Saturday night and fell in love with Ben Affleck all over again, just I like I had in such movies as "Pearl Harbor" and "Jersey Girl" (yes Jersey Girl, I love the scene where the little girl sings a song from Sweeney Todd, classic!). I really wasn't planning on Daredevil being that good and since it was 10pm when it started, I figured I would fall asleep during it anyway. Oh no, I couldn't be anymore wrong! Ben Affleck in that red leather suit, kicking ass and taking names in the name of all that is good and just like a modern day blind Robin Hood. The reason why I have a mini-crush on Ben Affleck came back quicker than the speed of light. I'm sure it will only last until I see the next picture of Robert Redford or my ultimate crush (not just a mini-crush) Rob Lowe. But for the next week or two you have a nice place in my dreams, but only if you have the red leather crime fighting suit or pilot uniform, otherwise no deal!



Daredevil Pictures, Images and Photos



Since it is Friday and elections were Tuesday, I am sure we are all aware of the results. I'm not pleased with them by any means, but God does everything for a reason. I am glad to say that I don't have to watch any of the annoying political commercials anymore. Not that I really did anyway, because I would flip the channel or take a much needed potty break, but in any event, I'm glad they're done and I'm glad the elections are over, even if I don't like the outcome. Yet, at the end of the day we're all American citizens and all route for the same country, so now we need to stay together and do what's best for the country.


Onto a lighter topic. Sabres game tonight. Could that Ryan Miller be any hotter! (and I don't mean physically, even though he's not shabby) But two shut outs in a row! Not just one, but two! Amazing. Also, the team has played really well the past two games or so I've heard. I was working Monday and unable Saturday to watch the games, but my boss said the Sabres couldn't have been anymore on their game. It was a very well-played game. Hopefully, they can keep it up tonight against the Thrashers. I especially like Vanek's latest blog entry and the last paragraph where the "drills normally aren't that brutal". hahaha Oh, you know that the Ruffinator was beating their arses into the ground because of the previous two loses and it worked because the last two games were phenomenal. I shouldn't laugh that the Sabres got an booty kicking, but it reminds me of my college dance classes when the professor got mad and would just run our arses into the ground. There were days I thought I was gonna bite the big one at the ripe young age of 20, but you know the old saying, "What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger".... must be the Ruffinator's motto.

No comments: