Saturday, November 22, 2008

Honk the Vote T-Shirts, Patch Up the Sabres Suit, and "Everything's Up to Date in Kansas City..."

I'm spending my Saturday evening being what Drew Stafford would call a mouse potato. Thanks to the weather at my house, I am staying in the house tonight with the laptop on my lap watching tv and typing away. I currently feel I am the self-designated campaign manager for the "Honk the Vote! Gaustad in '09!" campaign. I am unable to check the leader polls on this computer because it takes too long to load with this connection, but yesterday aroun 2pm EST, Gaustad had a whopping 161 votes. Thank you for all of you who took the time to write in (or more accurately type in) Paul Gaustad. Once again, it is greatly appreciated. Me and Harley are contemplating making "Honk the Vote" t-shirts, so if anyone is interested let me. Since we are making them, I'm sure they will be a high quality t-shirt made with great care and craftmanship. More likely we'll be lucky if we spell everything correctly and the event doesn't contain too much cursing, but they'll be made out of love, so we'll get an A for effort. So, support the "Honk the Vote" campaign by making your own t-shirt or sign! (if anyone actually takes the time to do this, please e-mail me at defygravityanddance@hotmail.com). And Keep voting!



I was unable to watch the Sabres game last night, but I know the outcome wasn't what fans or the Sabres organization would have liked. But...... (there is a but), I'm super happy that Nathan Paetsch got to suit up and play. I'm a Paetsch fan and I'm stilling voting him for All*Stars (But more of my energy is going into Goose's campaign, I'm only human and can concentrate on one at a time). I like how Paetsch never complains of not being able to play, but is always ready when the team needs him. He works hard, even if he doesn't get the reward of suiting up. I'm glad he got a chance last night and I hope he can keep playing for awhile.



The Bills play Kansas City tomorrow and I can't help but sing, "Everything's up to date in Kansas City...."...... aawwwwww...... I love the musical "Oklahoma!", esp. Gordon MacCrea as Curley. I used to watch that movie everytime I did dishes and have googles eyes for Curly, but I digress. I'm really not sure what to say about the Bills, but I will say this, I am still a Trent Edwards fan. I know he didn't play his best game Monday Night, but ...... (yes, there's another but)....... even though he didn't play his best, he still took the podium in front of the wolves which are the media, and gave a mature and professional speech and answered their questions. I was watching the post game on WKBW with Jeff Russo and after Jauron took the podium, Russo said, "I don't think Edwards will be taking the podium, tonight..... oh, wait, apparently he is....". Trent could have hid in the dressing room and tried to run from his mistakes, but he owned up to his mistakes and took the bumpy road, which couldn't have been easy, but it was the professional thing to do and for that I have a lot of respect for Trent Edwards. He took responsibility for his mistakes and as I said in prior blogs, to error is to be human, and it's okay to be human Trent Edwards, I just thank you for being a responsible, respectable one.

1 comment:

Cari said...

e and Harley are contemplating making "Honk the Vote" t-shirts, so if anyone is interested let me.

DO IT. I'll make some for Kim and I.