Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Twitter, Macca, and Sabre Look A Likes

So, I just registered for a twitter and I added some of the bloggers as the people I'm following. If you want to check mine out it's www.twitter.com/Galway_Girl. I'm not quite sure how to use this twitter device just yet, so any suggestions are appreciated. I got the fact that I can change my status, but am I able to comment on other people status' like I would on someone's facebook status? This just seems like a nice, simpler way of checking everyone's status and whereabouts than having to look at all that other facebook info. Am I right, or no?


I was watching "The View" before I came to work today, yes I watch "The View" sometimes, I'm a fan of Sherri Shepherd. They had Sir Paul McCartney on today and he looked awfully familiar in that I see you a lot way (and not because I never knew the face of Macca before) and then it hit me like a ton of bricks, Paul McCartney looks like a guy I work with. The resemblance is almost uncanning or at least in my eyes probably, because I have a tendency to think that everyday people are celebrities and have to do about 12 takes and stare unpolitely at them while I figure out whether or not they are famous. Like the day I swore Nathan Paetsch was at my work. My "pay the bills" job is in internet marketing for a big store in WNY (so it feasible he could stop in, it's not like I thought I saw Brad Pitt) and I was up by the registers to ask someone a question and the guy checking out resembled Paetsch or at least he did from .035 second glance. So, I whip my head around and stare at him for about 5 seconds until my co-worker asked me a question and I looked at her for about a second then back to the Paetsch look-a-like trying to figure out whether or not he in fact maybe Nathan Paetsch. I stared unpolitely and he started to get uncomfortable and then I smiled because well, I wasn't sure what else to do and then he mentioned that he sold jewelry and if our store was interested in buying any. I know Paetsch hasn't had a lot of ice time this season, but I doubt he needs to sell jewelry on the side to make ends meat. Also, I doubt he wears a cowboy hat away from the rink unless he is at some sort of event that warrants it. Or how can I forget the time I thought Ryan Miller was going to be on my plane to NYC on my way to a dance audition? It was around the time in May when he was going to be in NYC for the goalie's meeting about their equipment and I saw a guy sit down behind that was about Miller's stature and from the back he had the same exact hair. I couldn't see his face, but I texted Harley "I think Ryan Miller might be on my flight!" So, of course to make sure that it was, I took an unnecessary walk in the airport and back to see his face, yeah it wasn't Miller. He's not Asian. Irish, yes. Asian, no. When I got on the plane, I told the person I was traveling with I thought that guy was Miller at least from the back. Their response, "Yeah, Ryan Miller would really be flying on a puddle jumper plane like this. He can afford a much better flight to NYC." In all fairness to my mistake, I was flying out of the Buffalo Niagara International Airport and Ryan Miller isn't a flashy guy. He's down to earth, maybe he would fly in a cramped, crappy plane just to save money to give back to those who need it or even better to be with his fans and the Asian guy did have Miller's hair cut and hair texture from the back. *sigh* honest mistake. But the guy I work with totally looks like Paul McCartney, at least I don't think he's Macca, just resembles him. That's progress.

4 comments:

Jill said...

As down to Earth Millsie might seem... I am willing to bet he first classes it... just saying. I know if I was rolling in that much cash... I would leave the coach behind and go for the larger seating and keep it coming drinks. And you know the stewardess' hang all over him... lol.

Defy Gravity... said...

As down to Earth Millsie might seem... I am willing to bet he first classes it... just saying.

This is true. I was just trying to justify in my head why Miller might be on my crappy puddlejumper flight to NYC. The down to earth theory seem liked a good enough reason as any. haha

And you know the stewardess' hang all over him... lol.

Stewardesses, Waitresses, Fans.... I'm sure a lot of people hang all over him... haha

Jill said...

He loves the attention... just speculation of course.

Defy Gravity... said...

He loves the attention... just speculation of course.

In all honesty though, who doesn't love a little attention. I'm sure even Miller does.