Monday, January 19, 2009

The Sabres Swedish Max Martini; If Ryan Miller Can List His Taste in Music, Then Why Can't I?; and Re-Reading!

I finally got a chance to watch the latest episode of The Sabres Show and I loved Henrik Tallinder's interview. He actually has quite a sense of humor and I love the fact that his wife thought he was being a kiss ass towards her when he said his favorite food was his' wife's cooking in the Sabres yearbook. Classic. My mom's favorite player has been Tallinder for the mere fact that he is Swedish. I'm part Swedish on my mom's side and she loves and is very proud of her Swedish heritage. We actually still keep in touch with or relatives over in Sweden. Last year when Hank got the shoot out goal and no one expected it and well we weren't doing so well with shoot outs and we all thought Lindy lost his mind (or was completely desperate) putting in a d-man to score the winning shoot out goal, my mom made the comment, "Well, of course he got the winning goal, he is Swedish. They should have him do the shoot out more often." I just can't help but think of Tallinder everytime I watch The Unit. Mack on the show looks a lot like Tallinder to me especially since Hank was sporting the buzzed haircut earlier this season.


maxhank



Which one is which?


I don't know if Ryan Miller is doing this on purpose or it's just a coincidence (it's Miller, nothing seems like a coincidence with that boy, everything in his life seems perfectly well calculated), but he seems to update his blog on the 16th of the month. September, October, December, January.... he was a little late in November, so maybe he's just trying to throw reader's for a loop so they don't expect him to write on the 16th of every month. It's just a thought, I won't expect his next blog entry until February 16th.


I love the fact that Miller's blog has turned into Ryan's Tune Choices and note to Miller, I do know the difference between Bryan and Ryan Adams and I must say that my choice is Bryan Adams. Grant it, I have to be fair and say that I have never listened to Ryan Adams, but I am a big fan of Bryan Adams and 80's pop music. Summer of '69, one of the greatest songs ever! Wasn't Ryan Adams the one who hooked up with Lindsay Lohan when she still liked guys in that way and she was hooking up with a different guy almost every week about two years ago? Speaking of Lindsay Lohan, I had weird dream the other night I was at the Grammy's and Lohan won the award for best movie star who sings and has a deejaying girlfriend and when she went to accept the award her and Sam were fighting and she had a shaved head with only an 80's rat tail and was wearing a flannel shirt dress with ripped off sleeves. Wierd, I know... but anyways, I digress. Since Miller is making song selections on his blog, I'm going to take this opportunity and do the same on mine....


First musical artists I think everyone should check out (if they haven't already) is Rockapella! The acapella group from the kids tv game show, Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? These guys are so talented and they put on an amazing show. I had the opportunity to see them in concert back in December 2005 because they did a show at my alma mater and it was absolutely incredible, once of the best shows I've ever been to. They sing covers of classic songs, but also have amazing songs of their own and of course they sing "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" (which made my entire night) and the Foldger's jingle from when they were spokesmen for them back in the 90s. I wasn't planning on the show being as amazing as it was because Chi Chi and I were required to go for our Music for Dance class, but it was so wonderful, I had to buy their CD after the show. I actually wanted to buy the three they were selling, but they already sold out of two of them when I purchased mine and the one I bought was one of the last ones left. These guys are amazing performers and put on an entertaining show by not only singing, but interacting with their audience. You keep forgetting that their are no instruments at the show and everything is done acapella, it's absolutely incredible to hear. I use their CD as a cool down for my adult dance class and my students love their music. They do a lot of college venues and their tickets are responsible priced and are worth every penny, I think I paid $12 for my ticket at the time because I was a student. I also formed a crush on their vocal percussionist, Jeff Thacher, because not only is he good looking, but insanely talent with all the beatboxing he does.


jeff thacher



My second choice is one of my top three major celebrity crushes, (every girl has a top 3 plus a bunch of mini crushes) Adam Pascal. I first fell in love with Adam and his music when RENT the movie came out in 2005. I immediately formed a crush on Roger aka Adam Pascal and his rocker voice and looks and his guitar playing ways. (What girl doesn't love a guy who can play a guitar? Seriously, it boosts his hottness factor up ten points automatically if he can play the guitar.) I found his music on myspace and fell in love with it! Left of Me is one of the greatest songs ever written and I love the lyrics, tune, and the way Adam sings it.


Adam Pascal



I remember reading the book, "Night" by Elie Wiesel in 10th grade. Powerful book. It makes you cringe to think about all the horrible stuff that the people in the Holocaust went through. Another excellent book about the Holocaust is "The Hiding Place" by Corrie Ten Boom about her life and experience during the Holocaust. I haven't read that book since 6th grade, but it was so powerful it has stuck with me through all these years. I remember that even through all the horrible things that Corrie and her sister were experiencing, Corrie's sister always thanked God no matter what. I remember in the book that there was fleas in their beds and Corrie's sister always thanked God and Corrie questioned her how can you thank God for fleas? Corrie's sister didn't know at the time why she was thanking God for the fleas, she just knew in every situation that she should thank God. Come to find out later in the book that because their were fleas in their building the guards wouldn't enter and since they wouldn't enter they were unable to send that particular building to the gas chamber and the fleas ended up saving Corrie's and her sister's lives. I always remember that particular part of the book all these years later. It just proves how God has a plan for everyone and we should be thankful in every situation. I should really take the time and re-read that book. I think it would still have a meaningful impact, if not a stronger one.

No comments: