Wednesday, February 25, 2009

The No Good, Very Bad, Horrible Day; Oh Where, Oh Where Has Briere Gone? Oh Where, Oh Where Can He Be?; and Goose = BAMF! Enough Said!

I'm very relieved to say that my day is going much better than yesterday / late Monday night. My car decided that it would be defiant on Monday night after I came out of teaching and the key wouldn't turn in the admission. It was stuck and it wasn't about to loosen or turn anytime soon. Fabulous. Of course it's 10:30pm and it's a freezing 4 degrees out and the closet person who can come and pick me up is 25 minutes away. (Thankfully for me they did and they didn't waste anytime leaving either. Praise the Lord I have the best family and friends in the whole wide world!) After picking me and up, I couldn't get warm for the rest of the night and was chilled to the bone. I had to get up at 7am which my body didn't even know there was two 7 o'clocks in a day and call my mechanic and a dealer to see if I can get a key made and then spend three hours of morning driving around trying to get my car fixed (which it won't be fixed until Monday or later), go to my "pay the bills" then go and teach again that evening. *Sigh* Luckily my kids were really good in class. I told them I was having a bad day and they needed to be good and listen to cheer me up. Kids are great. They rose to the challenge and brightened my entire day. Why can't more adults be like that? But on a good note, today is going much better and I had a very good  nights, even if for part of it I passed out on the couch while Everybody Loves Raymond, Friends, and Scrubs reruns played.


I have been unable to watch the past two Sabres games due to more important (I know there is nothing more important than the Sabres, but sometimes life takes precedent) ie my Aunt's 60th b-day party and my teaching obligations. I missed the game with the horrible incident of Miller's injury and the fact that he is out indefinitely at this point and time (BOO!). I also missed last night's game against my favorite team if the Sabres were not in the NHL, so basically my second favorite. The last game I caught was against Philly and I thought we were doing pretty decent until the third and then we went with an empty net *OI!*. The sixth and final goal was like sticking a nail in a coffin. I have to say that I didn't see Briere at all during that game. (Grant it, I was partly distracted because I was flirting with the cute bartender who Harley is convinced waits for me to get there and has a crush on me. She's such a great friend by compromising her moral code by lying and saying nice things to me to boost my ego.) Where was this great Briere that was the MVP of the All*Star Game in 2007 when he played for the Sabres, but since he's been traded to Philly by his own will he hasn't even made an All*Star appearance and apparently he has forgotten how to score. Not only was he not racking up the points, but I couldn't even find him out on the ice (Again, partially distracted because I was having an awesome flirt session with the cute bartender). I just find it ironic that he insisted that being traded to Philly would be the best for his career and since he's been there he's done buttkiss.


To end this blog today, all I'm going to say is Goose is a BAMF and I never want him to change.


Paul Gaustad insisted the collision with Anaheim’s Ryan Getzlaf during Tuesday’s 3-2 loss was not intentional. Ducks’ Head Coach Randy Carlyle was upset with the play that resulted in a broken nose for Getzlaf, saying the winger left his feet on the hit.

“I read his comment that my shoulder hit him in the head, but I watched the replay, our heads collided,” Gaustad said. “I didn’t see him, it’s unfortunate he got hurt… But was a collision, it wasn’t a hit.”

No comments: